Thursday, November 12, 2015

James Krolikowski

Just like teammate Alexio Medina, James Krolikowski has followed quite the similar path throughout his college baseball career. After putting together a successful career at Erie Community College (All-Region outfielder), James decided it was time to walk away from the game.

Despite being enrolled at Fredonia, Krolikowski did not play. "Last year I decided to take my junior season off to figure out what I wanted to do with the rest of my life," said James. "I wanted to make sure that switching my major from Physical Education to Sports Management and transferring to Fredonia was the best decision for myself."


James feels confident that he is ready to continue his career again. "It honestly feels great to be back," said James. "There was a big part of my life missing last year when I stepped away from baseball and it feels great to be part of a team again."


James also feels an excitement to return to the field with many of his former ECC teammates.


He gives much of his credit to returning to the game to former ECC and current Blue Devil teammate Kyle Sherman. James feels that because of Kyle, he found his place again with the Fredonia baseball program.

"Kyle definitely had an influence on me choosing Fredonia and wanting to play baseball again," said James. "I talked to him a lot this past summer and he really pushed me to come tryout this season." And as we all know, the rest is history.

Coaches comment: "Jimmy is a great addition to our team. The past few years we have gotten away from the running game, and his speed will be a nice addition. He's proven himself at the junior college level as an All Region player and will push for a starting spot this year. Off the field, he's got a great personality. If you can't get along with Jimmy, something's wrong with you."

------
James not only gives Kyle all the love about choosing Fredonia. The past few summers, James had the privilege of playing with Fredonia alum and former team captain Mike Austin in AA Muny in Buffalo. Thanks to him, James felt his decision in Fredonia was the perfect choice.

"Mike is truly an awesome guy and he didn't hesitate once to answer any questions I had about the Fredonia baseball program ," said James. "He had nothing but awesome things to say about Coach Palisin and that I would not regret choosing to continue my career there. And it turns out he was spot on with that."


James looks forward to getting back on the field and improving himself as player everyday he has the chance. He is prepared to do whatever it takes to help his team win and reach the SUNYAC title this spring.

The ECC connection: Since 2013, the following eight Kats have played at Fredonia:
Ricky Mendiola
Matt Wilhelm
Joe DiLeo
Vinny Sherman
Kyle Sherman
Bobby Graczyk
Alexio Medina
Jim Krolikowski

No comments:

Post a Comment