Friday, December 5, 2014

Steve Zaprowski

Freshman Steve Zaprowski made a quick impact this fall. Recruited to fill some needs on the mound, Steve had a great senior season at the plat at Will South and was named 2nd Team All Western New York. He was also the MVP of his legion team. In addition to some solid pitching, Steve showed a sweet swing from the left side of the plate this fall. He will be used as a pitcher and an outfielder.

Steve played volleyball in high school to help develop some athleticism and is an avid Bills fan.

Steven Zaprowski
Steve with fellow freshman Mike Carmody.

Coach's comment: "Steve was recruited to pitch for us, but he had other ideas. He showed great poise at the plate during the fall, and has shown he can hit at this level. It will be exciting to see how he develops over the next year. He will throw for us this year, and is capable of wrestling away a starting position in the field, too, given the opportunity."

Baseball Operations Manager Tim Fairhead sat down with Steve so you could get to know him a little better:


1) What is the greatest strength you will bring to the team this season?
     I plan on bringing intensity and the will to win to the team this year.

2) If you could be a member of any Sitcom TV family, what family would it be, why?
     I wouldn't want to be apart of any Sitcom family to be honest. 

3) What is the best part of Fredonia so far?
     I love the atmosphere here. The team is filled with a bunch of great guys that have made going to Fredonia a fun time so far. 

4) You are new to our campus, where is your favorite place to hang out on campus, why?
     Dods Hall. I enjoy playing basketball with the guys on the team, its a good time. 

5) What is your typical gameday ritual like?
     I like to stay relaxed and focused on game day up until warmups where I start to get amped up and listen to music. 

6) Which teammate will have the best facial hair at the end of no shave November?
    Other than myself I would have to go with my fellow Freshman Bailey Gauthier, kid can grow a beard.

7) If you would vacation anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
    I would go to Australia. Ive heard its pretty nice there and that there is a lot of things to do there. 

8) What do you believe is the teams greatest strength this year?
     I believe that we are a strong team all around. I feel like we will have an advantage at the plate. We got some guys on the team that can mash. 

9) If you could sit down with any professional athlete who would it be and why?
     Jim Kelly. He's the greatest player in Bills history and I think it would be pretty cool to sit down and get to know him more. 

10) List 3 of your goals this season.
     Win a starting job. Push myself and my team mates to the best of their abilities. Make SUNYAC's 

1 comment: