Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Joe DiLeo. Baseball player

Joe DiLeo joined the Blue Devils this fall as a senior, giving the team a needed veteran arm. He spent two seasons at Erie Community College, then attended Central Methodist (Missouri) last year. He was recruited by coach Palisin out of ECC, and decided to finish his degree at Fredonia this year.

The righty is definitely a top-stepper as we found out during our fall game at Gannon. He was at the edge of the dugout disecting every pitch. He loves baseball. He has also spearheaded the staff's off-season workouts.

Joe is from a baseball family -- his brother Mark is a junior at Mercyhurst College. Although Joe is new to our program, he has several former teammates on our squad. He has five former teammates that he played with during his two seasons at ECC.
Joe DiLeo delivers a pitch last season as a member of the CMU baseball team.

Coaches comment: "Everything about Joe's attitude is positive. He makes our team better just by being around. If he can be more consistent with his mechanics, he can be one of the top relievers we've had. He will also push for starts on the mound." 

Joe grew up in Buffalo and attended St. Joe's Collegiate Academy, and is majoring in business.

Let's take a closer look.
1) Who is your favorite ECC teammate still with you? 
     I don't have a favorite, but Ricky (Mendiola) and Vinny (Sherman) are two of my closest teammates and friends. They'll definitely be in my wedding. 
2) What do you see as your role this season? 
     I see myself doing everything in my power to make my teammates and myself better ball players.
3) Who is your role model (non family member)?
     Derek Jeter. I love his professionalism.
4) Does Ricky Mendiola's flow look cool or should he go with a sleeker faster hair do?
     Ricky has the best hair in the league hands down.
5) Tell us your favorite Sherman brother story
     A few years ago Vinny and Kyle took me to the little village known as North Collins, where we embarked on unspeakable missions of mischief. 
6) How would you rate yourself as a hitter? Do you think you will get an at bat this season?
     Easily a sleeping giant. sometimes I scare myself with my hidden abilities. If the time is right I'm sure I won't let the team down.  
7) Who is your favorite baseball player? 
     Nolan Ryan, the guys a flat out stud. 
8) What Walkup/Pitching warm-up song will you request this season? 
     Beautiful Lasers - Lupe Fiasco.
9) What is your favorite spot on campus? 
     Williams Center. I love food. 
10) Who is your celebrity crush?
     John Cusack

No comments:

Post a Comment